Had phlebitis in left arm for apx. Swelling in middle arm. Risk of heart attack?

I have had phlebitis in the left arm for apx. 3 or 4 weeks now. I just started taking Ibuprofin three times a day and warm compress but remains the same. I don t drink much water...need to change a bad habit. Am worried that I am fixin to face a major heart attack . I have swelling in the middle of the arm and apx. 5 or more hard bumps along the vein . I also have a few hard bumps in the other arm and some in the legs. My blood test was normal, an ultrasound indicated phlebitis. I was told that it may have been an injury to the arm. I have fallen a few times recently, but no injury. I know of no one in my family ever having this. Thanks for your advice! / Faye
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013