Had persistently high ESR readings stating high body inflammation. Suffering from scarring alopecia, nystagmus oscillopsia. Can ESR and other diseases be related?

I have had persistently high ESR readings, the last one being 61, I am a 51 year old female. I also have an iron count of 9. I understand that the ESR shows that my body has a high inflammation reading, but does not say specifically what has caused it. I am frustrated with my GP, this reading as well as low absorption of iron has been going on for over a year. I want to be referred to a physician who is willing to get to the bottom of it. I have other underlying conditions, Scarring Alopecia , nystagmus oscilopsia. My consultant dermatologist has confirmed that the inflammation has no connection with the scarring alopecia.
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012