Had pernicious anemia, taken spastic duodenal cap, taking B12 shot. Suggestion?

I have a spastic duodenal cap. In 2004, I was told that I had pernisious anemia that developed over three years. My stomach can t absorb vitamin B12 anymore. I will need a B12 shot every three to four weeks the rest of my life. I know that when we get older, our physical and medical conditions deteriate. I suspect that the past scarring of my stomach from my ulcer , plus my age(63) is a direct cause of my enability to absorb B12 through my stomach. Can you give me any confirmation on this matter? Sincerely, E. H. Greene, 4/17/2012
Asked On : Fri, 20 Apr 2012