Had periods within hours of intercourse. Is it normal?

Hi, Actually, i need a clarification. If i participate in intercourse when having symptoms of period, i am getting period within hours even though there are some more days to get actual period on the basis of calculation from last period. But the cycle ranges between 24-28 days. I just wanted to know, do i need to take care due to this or it is normal thing for all?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Hello and welcome to HCM.

Thank you for your query.

Yes, it is normal to have your period immediately after sexual intercourse, when you are expecting your period sometime soon.

Due to the contraction and relaxation of the uterus during sexual intercourse, a stimulus is sent which initiates the events that lead to a period. This is normally seen, and should not be a cause of concern.

I hope this information helps. Do write back to me for any further clarifications.

Best wishes.