Had periods, with heavy flow. Detected adrenal simple cyst, given Modus. Invalid UPT. Is Modus a contraceptive?

Hi! Madam; I am 32 yr.lady married past 4.5 yrs but willing to have child from past 1.0 yr.I am under treatment of gyn.I visited last time on 6th November.Actually got my mensus on 20th october 4-6 days before expected and that quite a heavy flow which lasted for nearly one week approx.After clearing period we have had regular intercourse as well.Again on 5th nov. I stated bleeding with dark brown blood so i went to doctor she did the scanning and a left adnexal simple cyst-5.7*4.2 was detected so she advised me to take Modus 10mg for 10 days at bedtime and revisit when the next period comes. But till now my mensus didn t came.I had done home pregnancy test with pregkit on 8th morning but iam not sure that i had carried the test properly ,there was one dark line in C-region and one faint line in T-region when i saw that properly in day light.On 8th Dec.I went to Dr. also she also did the same urine pregnancy test and told me to await mensus for 10 days more and then she willdo another urine test.So,am i pergenant or not?Eager to know and do my period had not came due to Modus ,somewhere I saw it is a contraceptive so why dr. has given it to me when im eager to have a child.I am very much confused Pls,help and advise me kindly!
Asked On : Tue, 18 Dec 2012