Had periods, cramps and heavy bleeding, blood clots fell as if weight loss. What can it be?

Hello, I am 16, and I already had my period this month but today i suddenly felt very cramped and sick and started bleeding very heavy, not like a usual period, i was standing in a puddle of blood basically and there was a huge blood clot, i felt it drop like i suddenly lost weight , i felt very light headed, I need some kind of advice because I m very afraid. im going to a doctor hopefully tomorrow
Asked On : Fri, 11 May 2012
You are having nenorrhagia which can happen due to a fibroid uterus or a hormonal imbalance. Needs investigations to find the cause.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,