Had period, took primolut to stop, started heavy bleeding with cramps. How long?

Hello. I started my period on Tuesday and took primolut n for 2 days only (2 on one day and 1 tablet, 3x per day), hoping to stop it for the weekend since I had a function to attend. My period temporarily stopped on Friday and on Saturday I experieced horrible cramps where my period started again. I have been bleeding heavily since then. Is this expected and if so, how long should this last? Thank u!
Asked On : Fri, 12 Apr 2013
Since you took Primolut for only two days and stopped the tablet, the bleeding that you are having is a withdrawal bleeding due to stopping the treatment early. You should have continued it for at least 10 days.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,