Had pelvic reconstructive surgery with complete hysterectomy. Had UTI. Pain in kidney and blood in urine. What is going on?

In September I had total pelvic reconstructive surgery with a complete hysterectomy . Every 8 weeks since then I get a UTI that turn into a left sided kidney infection. I am treated with 250 mg of Cipro 3x a day for 14 dAYS BUT they keep returning. My left kidney gives me great pain and i have blood in my urine and my left leg/foot gets swollen. What is going on? I had a CT of the kidney which showed no stones.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012