Had panic attack, felt like dying, when not took zanex. Withdrawal effect?

I had been feeling very low over the past while - a close friend committed suicide last year and I lost a lot of friends (unfairly) because of it. Another friend took my back some zanex from egypt 500mg (20 of them) I was taking halves and quarters very few days for the past month. I ran out of them last saturday. Today (thursday) I had a huge panic attack, felt I was dying. Went to the doctor. He gave me some zanex cos I was so all over the place. Im going to go to see a councillor to help with grief etc. The attack was so scary though-could the withdrawal from Saturdays zanex have made it worse? Ive never taken zaanex before untill a month ago
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013