Had pain when urinating. Have taken D- Mannose supplement. Now having rashes and swollen penis after intercourse. What could have occurred?

My boyfriend thought he had a UTI because he had some pain when he urinated. With that assumption, he took the D-Mannose supplement and claimed he felt better for a few days. I wasn't told until recently that is came back after awhile and we had sexual intercourse. It was almost an immediate reaction his penis became irritated with a rash and swollen. He is into the holistic practice and soaks in apple cider vinegar 20 minutes in the morning, 20 at night and drinks a half water half apple cider vinegar solution both times. He has been doing this for 6 days now and claims is doesn't burn anymore? What could have occurred??
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013