Had pain in left side of stomach and pain while breathing for 20 minutes. Cause?

Sharp stabbing pain in lower left side of stomach , happened very suddenly and felt like I might pass out, also hurt to breathe, stomach and chest felt tight, like i could not take a deep breathe, it lasted about 20 mins, I had to sit down because of the pain but then it just went away as quickly as it came, still don t feel well but the extreme sharp pain is gone, very confused about what this is, what caused it and why it came and left so suddenly
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013