Had pain and pressure in pelvic area. Am 35 weeks pregnant. Could it be contractions?

I m 35 weeks and yesterday I had major sharp pain and pressure in my pelvic and all night pain in my lower stomach . I tried sleeping on both sides, my back and with pillow. The pain did not ease up. But my stomach did not feel tight could it be contractions or the start of dilation? Little numbness is my feet and hands. On tue feb 12 the amoic fuild was 16 and on wed the 13 his heart beat was strong and head has been down for about a month
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013