Had oral sex with HIV positive man. Groin tenderness, painful lesions, loose motions. Prophylactic HIV treatment advisable?

Hi...I am a gay man and recently (over the last weeks) had oral sex (several times) and protective intercourse (penetrative anal sex) with another man. The intercourse was only once and a condom and lubricant was used. The man had discomfort and a sore on his penis which he thought was traumatic. He now tells me that he has just been diagnosed with herpes and that he is HIV positive (although he is on treatment and his viral load has been undetectable for at least 6 months and was undetectable very recently). Now I have developed tenderness in the groin area and 2 painful lesions which have started to crust. I also have had very bad flu like symptoms with loose motions and discomfort in the back passage when i go to the toilet and in between. I wanted to ask if i should consider prophylactic HIV treatment and also if i need to have treatment for herpes given my symptoms. I have seen my GP who has done a swab for HSV2 but the results won t be back for 1 week and i am symptomactic now. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012