Had on & off shaking. Now got violent, scary, shouting between sleeps, hear bell ringing, scratching. Problem?

I have experienced shaking on and off for about a year now. Previously it was rare that it would happen and was very minor, just like a cold shiver when I layed down so thought nothing of it. But in the past 2 weeks its got alot more violent and scary. I will lay down either on the sofa or to go to sleep and will violently shake ( appearing like a fit) but am completely conscious and aware. The past couple of days I have woken myself up almost every 10 minutes with this shaking as well as shouting and sometimes crying. Occassionally I hear noises like bells ringing or scratching but this is no where near as common. I really hope you can help as it has got quite scary. Thank-you
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013