Had nostrils cauterized past septum, nose bleeds, burnt. Is it related to silver nitrate solution?

I had some vessels in my right nostril cauterized just past the septum . The procedure was done on Friday afternoon. I have had nose bleeds ever since. It is not a profuse amount of bleeding, but does take a few (about 4) minutes to stop? Does this mean that my doctor missed the spot of the bleeding, or that the cautery was not effective. He did not seem to leave the silver nitrate solution on the area too long, and it seems like it burned everything else, my nostrils, septum wall, etc, but missed the actual spot. As there a more targeted approach to cautery. Is the post-procedure bleeding normal? And, how long till I can have the procedure done?
Asked On : Thu, 17 Jan 2013