Had nipples pierced, lumps on side of nipple, pus and blood comes after squeezing, pain in ribcage and chest

I use to have my nipples pierced but I took them out about 4 years ago well now just starting a month ago I had a lump on the side of my left nipple and i squeezed it about a week ago and all this pus and blood came out I thought I got it all but it happened again 2 days ago I ve been having sharp pains on my left ribcage and that s the side of the bump it s on my left side also I ve also been having some chest pain as well in the last two weeks but i didn t know why could it be linked?
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

It can be due to an underlying infection which is not getting ured. Just pressing it out will not heal it as some bacteria will always remain. Get a culture of the pus and a chest xray and start antibiotics accordingly.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D.
Mumbai