Had nerve decompression surgery in left ankle, toes turn purple. Why?

I got a nerve decompression surgery in my left ankle (maybe a little higher near shin) on Friday Dedember 14th, so about a week ago. I have been elevating my leg, using my crutches when getting up and taking it very easy. When I sit up and put my feet down on the floor or by the time I get to the restroom, my toes are instantly purple and I feel a pulling feeling on my ankle, however when I elevate it, it s back to original color. I do have a cast like splint from the bottom of my foot to the back of my calv (right under knee ) Is this normal?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012