Had neck injury previously, now having upper back pain, severe itching, also have migraine. Inter-related?

My wife has a previous neck injury, incurred in an auto accident, and now, at age 54, and post-menopausal, she has recurring and movement-dependent searing upper back pain and bouts of what she describes as severe itching, unrelieved by anti- histamine lotions, cortisone lotions etc. I am assuming this is all related to some degree of cervical spine degeneration, stenosis , etc. and have told her that she needs to have her neck X-rayed, or an MRI, but she is adverse to health care. Also, she is a migraineur and I wonder if the two are in someway related. What would you recommend?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Oct 2012