Had nasal polyps, taking tabs, smoke, drink alcohol. What could be cause of loss of singing ability?

i cant sing like voice is not loud enough. if i try to sing louder it cracks up. I had nasal polyps for 2 years and was taking levosiz and xaria tabs.for some time. i also used to smoke pot @ 3 joints per day until a month back when i stopped and started eating it. I also drink alchohol on weekends only @ 2 pegs a sitting.What could be the cause of the loss of my singing ability? I love singing in church and its embarrasing when i cant start the hymn audibly enough.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Mar 2013
Welcome to HCM,
As you are having habit of smoke pot, among this situation any change of voice requires evaluation of your case.
There might have possibility of having polyp or some swelling on vocal cord giving change of voice.
Consult ENT specialist and get examined physically and with Laryngoscopy to rule out any pathology in your throat.
Ok and bye.