Had nasal congestion, fever, throat pain, dizziness, right side of face hurting, become red. Reason?

Hello I have been feeling under the weather for a few days now mostly just nasal congestion nothing serious. But 2 days ago I started getting a fever and throat pain, I took some cold medicine and it helps but only for an hour or so, it progressed over time to where I can t sleep or anything. Today I woke up with a very high fever, dizzy, and the whole right side of my face hurt, I couldn t talk except whisper and once examining the back of my throat I noticed that the half that hurts, only one side hurts, is red. I had strep throat off and on for a year before I got my tonsils removed back in 2009a so I know it isn t that. Is there anything over the counter I can do? Or must I see a doctor, I don t have insurance so seeing a doctor would mean a very expensive ER trip.
Asked On : Sun, 27 Jan 2013