Had myelogram. Terrible pressure in neck, shaking after being injected with the dye. Reason?

i had a myleogram last week , i was wondering why i had a severe shooting pain down my leg when he was placing the needle he said it was very thick there so he had to go deeper. i felt this terrible pressure in my neck it felt like it was going to explode when i moved it. was it the dye that did that and i was shaking all over my legs were jumping alot for a while after the injection
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to Healthcare magic.Thank you for the query.
this is common effect of such preocedures and this shouldnt worry you. There was neural irritation due to needle pressure or contrast injection. YOu may feel pressure and headache several days after it but it should subside in short time.
Wish you good health. Regards