Had mouth surgery. Having trouble speaking and swallowing. Can I drink following one another?

Hello!! I had minor mouth surgery about a week ago, and I really have trouble speaking and swollowing, so I m taking disprin, placing it on the wound in my mouth to numb it. It seems like that s the only way I can eat and speak normally. I just want to know what will happen if I drink too many following one another? Does it hold any real danger?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012
Thank you for posting your question here, I will try to answer it to the best of my abilities.

Well a common side effect of disprin (aspirin) is that leads to bleeding, as such yes, you can take some for the pain but dont overdo it, stay within the normal dosage, which is usually considered to be 300mg. Try not to take more than that a day and if possible dont take it everyday. You should also consider calling up your doctor and ask him to prescribe you a pain killer. I am surprised he didnt prescribe you with any pain killers after the procedure.

I hope this answered your question.

Dentist Dr. Bindiya Bhaskar's  Response

I would suggest you to take medical supervision prior to intake of disprin tablets.

From the details provided,the type of minor surgery you had undergone is not clear.

Meanwhile,maintain oral care.

Avoid spicy foods.

If recommended,swish with lukewarm saline frequently.

Avoid mouth opening too widely.

Dentist Dr. Qazi Ammara's  Response

Thanks for asking the query,

From your description it is not clear what type minor surgery you have undertaken.
I would advise not to take more then one tablet of dispirin in one day.
Please take the medications as described to you.

Also get a course of antibiotics and analgesics prescribed to you by your Dentist.

At home take lukewarm saline and antispetic mouthwash rinses.
Maintain a good oral hygiene.

Avoid eating of hot and spicy foodstuffs.
Avoid smoking and consumption of alcohol.

Hope you find this as helpful,