Had miscarriage, bleeding bright red blood since. Left ovary enlarged and cyst appearing. What to do?

Hello, I had a miscarriage three weeks ago at 6 weeks and 4 day. Everything seemed fine but I have had persistent bright red blood loss about 5 times since then. I went to my Dr & he sent me for an ultra sound & has referred me to a specialist gynecologist . I have had the ultra sound & the report said: Regular endometrial complex measuring 5mm. No sonographic evidence for retained products of conception However, it does also say Right ovary volume 4cc with normal sonographic appearance. Left ovary is enlarged to a volume of 47cc by a 47x38x44mm simple appearing follicle/cyst. There is also a 29mm haemorrhagic follicle. No pelvic free fluid Is the size of the left ovary within normal limits???? Am I correct in thinking that the left ovary is 12 times the volume of the right? Can cysts cause my ovary to enlarge this much? I know these are all questions for the gynecologist which I am seeing in 10 days time but I am worried it might not be as simple as cysts? I am 35 & I have a history of bowel cancer in the family. In fact my nan died last year of bowel cancer that had spread to her uterus, bladder & ovaries. Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Apr 2012