Had mirena surgically removed after getting pregnant, losing weight. Baby in danger?

Hi! I am a concerned mother/grandmother. My daughter was overweight when she got pregnant, but she is at 16 weeks, got pregnant with the mirana and had to have it surgically removed. She has been sick and vomiting most of her pregnancy and has lost 40 pounds, from 250. She does smoke cigarettes and she does smoke pot. Do you have any recent studies that show that it affects the baby so I can show her. Her husband said it doesn t, but I feel like it could.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
Both marijuana and smoking are not at all advisable in pregnancy.
Am attaching links for the said, as you requested

Also, this amount of weight loss is not usual for pregnancy.
Please consult a gynecologist, because both the mother and baby could be at risk.