Had mirena coil fitted. Getting continuous bleeding. Will it be safe to take norethisterone tablets?

I have had a mirena coil fitted for severe periods after trying various pills, the injection and an implant, none of which worked. After having it fitted for 2 months i am still on my period which in total has been going on for 11 weeks non stop now. I was on norethisterone for a while before having it fitted 3 times a day and for a short while it did stop them. Would it be ok if i took these tablets again just for a while as i feel it is ruling my life and really could do with a break after years of this, even if it was just for a week?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012