Had mirena coil. Stabbing pain inside vagina. Blood test normal. Is it pelvic inflammatory disease?

I have had the mirena coil for 2 yrs. 5-6 months ago I started with lower righted sided abdo pain which occurs at different times in my cycle but is worse when I m on my period. I spoke to my Gp who advice I go to clinic where I had coil put in which I did and they checked threads etc and couldn t find anything wrong. They recommend that I attend my local sexual health clinic which I did later the same week. I had various tests, swabs, bloods etc which all came clear. The consultant gave me a course of antibiotics ? Pelvic inflammatory disease as precaution. The pain is getting worse month after month and feels like a sharp needles stabbing inside me and pulling sensation and sometimes really takes my breath away. Any ideas?? I m thinking about having my coil removed??
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  232 Awaiting Answer