Had minor brain damage, inserted titanium in the gap of skull following accident. Can smoke Marijuana?

hello I got in a car accident about a month and a half ago and shattered a portion of my skull and got fairly minor brain damage on the frontal lobe . about a week ago the neurosurgeon did the follow up surgery and put a piece of titanium over the gap on my skull. I haven t drank and alcohol or smoked any marijuana since then but I want to try smoking some marijuana since I used to a lot before the accident. do you think that would be a bad idea to try smoking
Asked On : Sat, 24 Nov 2012
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. I believe it would be a very bad idea to start smoking marijuana again as you do have cravings and assuming that the urge to smoke is very high, there is a very high likelihood that you are physiologically and psychologically dependent on the drug - marijuana. I hope you consult a psychiatrist who can give you alternatives when you crave marijuana. I am also glad that you are off of alcohol, but you would need to have been off of it after the surgery. I hope you continue the good work of not doing substances since it may be very harmful to your health especially after the surgery.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!