Had minor abrasions, swelling on the temple after falling. But CT scan shows complete opacification of maxillo antrum. Serious?

My husband had a fall in the street the other day on an uneven surfaced path and hit the left temple and part of the left side of his head, incurring grazing, minor abrasions and swelling to the left temple. The local medical centre cleaned the wound, applied bandages and gave him a tetanus injection . The swelling appeared to subside somewhat. Yesterday he underwent a CT-scan, which revealed almost complete opacification of the left maxillo- antrum . His local doctor ran through a few tests for balance, as well as blood sugar , to ascertain if there were any other causes. He passed these with flying colours. She was unsure whether the opacification was due to a blocked sinus or whether there was some blood due to the contusion. She has given him strong sinus drops as well as antibiotics. She has given him a week to trial these, but I m just wondering if there is any present danger to his health if there is a build-up of unreleased blood. Thank you for you time and help...Julie
Asked On : Sat, 1 Dec 2012