Had mild attacks, BP rose, heart rate rose. Pressure in chest area. Sounds like?

Since I was about 15 I have had times when at rest my heart would begin beating very quickly & hard.Also I feel a lot of pressure on my ribs and Ottawa hard to breath.I went to the er one time when I was 16 but but the time I had gotten there it had mother wasn t a very food one so she let it go.It has been happening 3 or 4 times a year.i am 33 now.The last year it has been happening more often.Sometimes once a week or more.Going from very rapid to rapid.Lasting from 5 minutes with the not so bad one to 45/(hr) minutes with the heavy very rapid attacks. I have been told perhaps anxiety but I know my own thoughts and that s not what it is.My father has had heart issues for years.he just had two stints put in so he had an at home blood pressure and pulse rate machine. I have had two mild attacks blood pressure rises by 30 points and my heart rate is 155.I was surprised due to this being a mild one that was over quickly(about 20 minutes).Is this something I should be concerned about.I was dismissed last time I sought answers.
Asked On : Thu, 24 May 2012