Had microdiskectomy at L5-S1. Pain in right hip and hamstring. Is it a normal healing process?

I just had a microdiskectomy at L5-S1 on 10/31/12. My recovery has been pretty remarkable. The sciatica that I was experiencing was gone immediately after surgery. This morning (11/07/12), I rolled out of bed with a fair amount of discomfort in my hamstring of the leg that I was having issues with prior to surgery. It feels tight in my rt hip, no real pain to speak of, other than the pain associated with what feels like a muscle spasm beginning in my rt hamstring. It is affecting my gait considerably. Was just curious if this was a normal part of the healing process and will it subside? It seems to have gotten better as the day has worn along. I have not taken any pain pills in over three days now.
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012