Had meniscus surgery for large tear. No relief post operation. MRI showed bone arthritis. Advised for knee replacement

had meniscus surgery March 23. Large tear. No relief post-op. Doctor said take time. Had knee drained (bloody liquid) and two cort shots and four weeks PT. Asked for MRI again. Contrast MRI shows similar to first -- bone on bone, arthritus. I think the degeneration resulted in loss of stability and the men tear. I asked the surgeon how he could have missed all the degeneration. Have to have knee replaced. 47-year-old mother of three (ages 4, 8 and 10). Doctor wants me to get a lower back MRI. Spouse/PT say waste of time. Doctor says he missed all the damage because of the arthritic knee. He says if MRI comes back fine, will schedule replacement ASAP. Not sure what to
Asked On : Sat, 19 May 2012