Had medical abortion at 10 weeks of pregnancy, removed placenta manually. Normal?

i was 10 weeks pregnant when i went to scan but the scan report said that the sac is small as 7 to 8 weeks and the heart beat had stopped and the featus was very tiny so my dr told me to go for a medical abortion and gave me mifegest 200mg 3 tab and after 24hrs again i took 2 tab of cytolog then i got the bleeding and heavy cramping for 3hrs then i passed the big lemon size sac and the pain went but the bleeding was heavy but the next night again i got severe cramping and when i went to the dr in night she said she will check the uterus and said that the placenta is still there and she removed manually since it was near the cervix .can u please answer that is it normal to remove the placenta like that?
Asked On : Fri, 16 Nov 2012