Had maxillo-mandibular advancement, pain in jaw. Is it due to titanium plate?

Not sure where to ask this but I had MMA (double jaw ) surgery two years ago and have had consistent pain in the lower left jaw from ear to chin . I have tried all sorts of natural and medical ways to take the pain away but it doesn t seem to work. Could the titanium plate be the source of this pain? My oral surgeon is willing to take it out but doesn t know if it has anything to do with the pain. It feels like the bone hurts.
Asked On : Sun, 13 May 2012