Had lupus. Fever, bleeding from eyes, ears, mouth. Cause of death is lupus?

My sister who has been diagnosed with LUPUS passed away last month. I would like to now if the cause of her death is related to Lupus or not. She has been living in the U.S. east coast for many years then she decided to retire to a tropical country where the weather is severely hot. About 2 months ago she and her husband who has also retired decided to go back to the U.S. to arrange their retirement papers. The extreme cold weather was still at its worst not to mention the frequent snow storms with the temperature averaging at minus 2-10 degrees.

She developed a fever and was taken to a hospital in an intensive care unit. My niece said that she witnessed her mother suffering thru Skype. She said that there was blood coming out of her eyes, ears and mouth. The doctor suggested removing the life support machine but my niece and my sister's husband declined. After a few hours she passed away.

Her death has been bothering me and I would like to know if the cause of her her death is consistent to a person suffering from Lupus.
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013