Had lump removed from big toe. Now redness, swelling, numbness, tingling, stiffness. Cause?

Hi :-) thank you for your help! one month ago I had a loose body (thought to be either uric acid or calcium buildup) removed from the inner side of my big toe on my right foot. The scar is healed up almost all the way, but my toe is slightly red and swollen. I have the normal numbness and tingling that follows a toe surgery, but I also have a lot of stiffness and a WHOLE lot of pain even if I m just laying down. My doctor has no idea what is causing the pain. :-/ any suggestions? :-))
Asked On : Thu, 3 Jan 2013