Had lump in my armpit. It is tender and is a large lump that normally goes away over time. Is it a boil or could it be something else ?

I have been experiencing a lump in my armpit for about a week and this is normal after shaving. The problem that I am concerned with is the fact that it never comes to a head so that it can be burst open like a boil. Would this still be a boil or could it be something else. It is tender and is a large lump that normally goes away over time, however it comes back every once in a while.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013