Had leg fracture and compartment syndrome. Have arthritis in knee and ankle. Now pain. Common?

About 20 yrs ago i fractured my right leg compound fracture i also had compartment syndrome leg was sliced open either side..i had rod put into leg through the knee down to the ankle..but suffered a non union so had rod replaced with a stronger one..then another replacement rod after that inserted then removed a yr later..i now have athritis in the knee and ankle...but i still get a lot of pain in the fracture area and were the screws were inserted for the rod is this common yrs after surgery
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012