Had late periods, heavy bleeding with clots, cramps. Given norethisterone. Suggest?

Last month my period was a week or so late when it s usually very regular! It was very heavy with huge blood clots and was still goin strong 21 days later! My gp put me on norethisterone for 10 days which slowed the bleeding somewhat but never stopped it! Now after the 10 im heavier than ever! Feel very tired and nauseated! Do I have to wait for another week or should I go back gp now! I m 43 and although do have heavy periods they have never been like this! The cramps are horrid and debilitating!
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013