Had laser surgery for disc collapse. Trying to conceive. Is it safe to become pregnant at 36 years?

Hi, Doc, Thank you, in advance. I am 36 years old, and trying for my second child, my first child she is 10 years of age, before you start guessing the reason being unfortunatly I had disk collapse for last 5 or 6 years. Last year, I had laser surgery and now the problem is gone, feeling much much better feels like I am living my life again, now the question is my GP is telling me I don t have chances of getting pregnant because of my age? We have not taken notice of what he has said and trying for last 2 months, would love to have a brother for my doughter. Thank you again.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Jun 2012