Had laparoscopic cyst removal previously. Having irregular periods. Prescribed Modus. Has side effects such as weight gain. Suggestions?

hi doctor i am 44 seperated..had laproscopic cyst removal in 2010..before then my periods were absolutely normal and even after for some time..since sept 2012 its been last period was on oct 8 for 5 days normal bleeding ..then no period for nov . on dec 24 th it started with normal flow but now its 13th and till date its today suggested me to take modus 10 for 21 days..i do not want to go with harmones as i am prone to put on weight very my thyroid was TSH 2.53..please advise..
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013