Thanks for writing in.
How well a patient does depends on the amount of poison swallowed and how quickly treatment was received. The faster a patient gets medical help
, the better the chance for recovery.
Swallowing kerosene may cause damage to the linings of the mouth, throat, esophagus
(food pipe), stomach, and intestines. If kerosene gets into the lungs (aspiration), serious and, possibly, permanent lung damage can occur.
Damage can continue to occur for several weeks after the poison was swallowed.
Hope this helps