Had keratosis on face, scaly skin, irritation, scratches, patches. Taken hydroquinoe. Help?

HI,I am a 50 year old female and about 18 months ago I had PDT for early keratosos on my face. Went well. I did a follow up 8 months later. The skin on my face took well, but not the skin on my forehead which really only partly recovered. I had red patchy scaly skin in places and some pigmentation issues. After it had settled I LIGHTLY used Hydroquinone 4 % about 4 times, for no more than 4-5 days at a time on my forehead over the year, but each time immediatley noticed irritation and small scratchy raised patches, so would cease.
The last time I did this was about 2 months ago, for only 3 days. and stopped asap.
I had noticed that the texture on my forhead has gotten drastically worse, with lots of bumps (wart-like) under my skin and more thinning of the skin , as well as more pigmentation. My forhead has aged 20 years in the last 12 months and I have NO idea what to do. It looks like I have coarse grains of sand under the skin and blotchy skin tones with some more scaly keratosis forming. I am frantic. Anything topical seems to inflame the area, and pure 100% cold pressed Vit E oil has not helped. I also applied Rose hip oil all over my face 2 weeks ago and that seemed to bring up more deeper keratosis to the surface, with lots of darker pigment spots apperaing SUDDENLY. My entire face seems in revolt but I am devastated by what is happening on my forehead. Please advise. I heard that Hydraquinone 4% can over damage skin production and elastin fibres, but I hardly used it at all. Was it too soon after the PDT?? How can I slow down the damage and the bumpy surface. it's almost as if I am getting sun warts coming through. Terrible. My skin has always been beautiful .I am originally from Australia but now live in NYC. Thank you in advance for your time and ANY advice!!!.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013