Had keratin treatment on hair. Forehead discolored. Dark itchy skin discoloration on knee. Is this systemic?

I recently had a keratin treatment on my hair. I also for the first time wore bangs. My forehead is disclored and it looked like it had been sunburned with peeling dark skin. Of note behind my left knee I have a very dark itchy skin discoloration. It started about 8 months ago. I thought something bit me. Initially it was bright red and extremely itchy then it turned dark brown and the skin changed texture. Are these two separate issues or is this systemic?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013