Had jaw surgery after broking jaw. Numb lip and chin. How long will it take to heal?

hi im 28 years and just had jaw surgery few days ago which my jaw broken form 2 side one is on my gum right by my right side chin and the other is far left by my ear. my first question is i had surgery 2 days after my jaw got broken and i like to know if that will make any effect on my jaw nerves to get damage? as my lower lip and chin is numbless second my dr said they might upen 2 side wire as my injury wasnt very major. but about the plate how long will it takes to get disappear, i mean by getting heal or are they going to remove it? also how long will it take that i get my lower lip n lower chin feels back, its numb at this moment? thanks alot and appreciate your concerns :)
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012