Had itchy, irritated toe, after dog licked. Take injection?

sir i had went to see a puppy yesterday and it licked my toe i came home and washed it after that i did feel a bit of irritation of course there was no wound or bleeding i cant realy say he was nipping on my toe as it was for a spilt sec i did feel any pain but when i can back home and washed it i did feel itchy a bit so should i take a shot?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Apr 2013
Hi and welcome to HCM.
No. You definitely dont have to take a shot if there is no open wound. This is probably just an irritation or allergy. It might not be related to this puppy. Just keep this place clean and dont worry. Nothing can be transmissed on this way. If you notice swelling or pain in toe you should visit doctor,if not, it will pass in short time. WIsh you good health.