Had itchy bump in belly button. Having rashes on stomach. Used benadryl. Is it serious?

i have a rash on my stomach , it started with a itchy bump in my belly buttom now i have it also by the belly buttom. its really itchy first it was only 1 bump then 2-3 them it just contiuned. i thought it was a bug bite so i put benadryl on it cortisone on it and i even took benadryl med to see if it would go away. ive been cleaning it in case its something else i clean it with rubbing acochol and proxicide but nothing seems to work. What could it been and is it serious?
Asked On : Sun, 15 Jul 2012