Had irregular periods, diagnosed with pcod, taking diamet and other meds. How long should i continue this?

Am 24 years old now. i had irregular periods and was diagnosed with pcod at the age of 18.But never done a proper treatment for it. Am not obese.Now taking treatment for pcod(started a month ago). Doctor has advised me to take diamet tablets,also, meprate starting from the 21st day of my period. how long should i take these medicines? are there any side effects if i take these tablets ? i have heard that those diagnosed with pcod will be obese and diabetic. My height is 170cm and weight is 53kg now. Can pcod be cured by modification in life style and yoga or do i need to continue these hormone tablets ?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013