Had irregular periods. Having heavy bleeding with clots. Taking duphaston 5mg. Is it normal?

Hi. I m Dr.Shruti, 24yrs old. History of previous ilness :My periods have been irregular since menarche . Have a past history of using OC pills,for regulation of menses,for 2-3 months for almost 5 yrs on and off.Also,last year i d taken Levenogestrel 150mg,single dose for 4 months. Presenting complaints: I had bled from january 10th to january 31st 2013,passed clots,heavy bleeding. USG abdomen & pelvis revealed an endometrial thickness of 11.9mm. I was put on Duphaston 5mg BD for the 1st 10 days,starting on feb 1st,and then on OD,for the next 10 days. While on Duphaston,i ve had spotting all along,but my concern is that i ve started to have clots for the past 3 days,and i change 2 pads daily.I still have 3 more days of Duphaston to go.Is it normal to have period during progestogen intake??
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013