Had irregular bleeding. Stopped Cerazette. How long, to be protected by a new pill?

Hello, I was wondering if you would be able to help. I stopped taking Cerazette - The mini birth control pill around 6 months ago due to irregular bleeding. I am looking to start it again and was wondering how long should I use another method of contraception before being protected by the pill? Also do you think I will have the same issues with irregular bleeding as last time or is it un-predictable? Thanks in advance for any advise you would be able to give me.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013