Had intestinal issues, have constant diarrhea. Celiacs disease? Take cuturelle?

My husband has had stomach/ intestinal issues most of his life and it is reaching a point where it is inhibiting his quality of life. He has constant diarrhea , no blood or other visual issues spotted, he feels like vomiting a lot of the time and there is no quelling the pain or discomfort. Symptoms don t present themselves with one type of food over another they are random and can flare up at any time which makes me believe its not something like celiacs disease since grain doesn t effect it negatively but I m not a doctor. Discomfort tends to always be present just a dull pain and other days it can be severe where he wont be able to leave the house. He has been taking culturelle which seems to be helping but it seems to becoming less and less effective. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Wed, 26 Dec 2012